There are following things that need to start a WordPress blog or website –
- Domain name – A domain name is what people type to get to your website. It’s your website’s address on the internet.
- Web hosting account – Web hosting is where your website live. It’s your website’s house on the internet. Every website needs web hosting.
- Install WordPress – Here are the steps you should follow-
- Log in to your hosting account.
- Go to your control panel.
- Look for the “WordPress” or “Website” icon.
- Choose the domain where you want to install your website.
- Click the “Install Now” button and you will get access to your new WordPress website.
- Choose a Theme – Log into your WordPress dashboard to find thousands of awesome, professionally designed themes you can choose from and customize for a site that’s all your own.
- Install Plugins to add extra features -Plugins are extensions that are built to expand WordPress’ capabilities, adding features and functions to your site that don’t come built-in.
If you’ve followed the above steps, you should now have a fully-functional WordPress website or blog.
Leave a Reply