Difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
Here are some major differences between WordPress.com and WordPress.org –
- Hosting – In WordPress.org, you host your own blog or website. WordPress.org is where you’ll find the free WordPress software that you can download and install on your own web server. But in WordPress.com, you don’t have to download software, pay for hosting, or manage a web server.
- Theme – In WordPress.com, you can install thousands of themes. You will also customize theme according needs. But in WordPress.org, you can only install custom themes. Build your own with PHP and CSS.
- Plugins – In WordPress.com, you can upload all plugins free or paid according your requirements. But in WordPress.org, you can not upload plugins.There are a lot of built in plugins.
- Social Networks – In WordPress.com, integrate your site with Facebook, Twitter and other social networks. But in WordPress.org, you can install a plugin to enable sharing functionality on your site.
- Popular features like sharing, comments and polls are included in WordPress.com. But in WordPress.org, plugin is required to extend your site’s functionality.
- Registration – In WordPress.com, registration is required. But in WordPress.org registration is not required.
- Support – Personal support and the WordPress.com forums are always available in WordPress.com. But in WordPress.org, support forums is available for assistance.
Leave a Reply