DNS is an abbreviation of “Domain Name System”. Its management specifically refers to the
- Hosting of a domain name
- Storage of data and
- The answering of DNS queries.
In other word the DNS management software is computer software that controls Domain Name System (DNS) server clusters. Its main purpose is to reduce human error while editing complex and repetitive text-based DNS server configuration files.
DNS data is typically deployed on multiple physical servers. The main purposes of DNS management software are:
- to reduce human error when editing complex and repetitive DNS data
- to reduce the effort required to edit DNS data
- to validate DNS data before it is published to the DNS servers
- to automate the distribution of DNS data
With the resource records must be provided some automation for managing large sets of DNS zones across a cluster of servers and to DNS clients based on the clients’ IP address. The only practical way to manage critical Internet infrastructure has been to rely on databases and complex DNS management software to ensure homogeneity and avoid single points of deployment errors.
MIS provides DNS Management to meet the needs of IT projects.