Comparison among the WordPress, Joomla and Drupal
Here we will try to find out the similarities and differences among each other. But first Let’s take a look at these CMS –
- WordPress – WordPress is easy in use, so it is the best choice for beginners. It works especially well for small to medium sized websites, blogs and smaller e-commerce stores.
- Joomla – Joomla is best cms for e-commerce or social networking websites. For it requires a basic understanding of technical skills.
- Drupal – Drupal is the most powerful but difficult in use. It requires a familiar understanding of HTML, CSS and PHP.
Similarities in Wordpress, Joomla and Drupal?There are following similarities in WordPress, Joomla and Drupal –
- WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal are all free and open source software licensed under GPL (General Public License).
- All three of them are written primarily in PHP.
- As open source software, they are all community-driven projects.
- They all support MySQL as their database management system.
- All three of them use themes and templates for visual appearance of sites, and plugins, modules, or extensions for extending features.
Differences in Wordpress, Joomla and Drupal?We can understand differences among the WordPress, Joomla and Drupal in many aspects using following chart –
|About||Released in 2001 by Dries Buy Taert||Released in 2005 by Forked From Mambo||Released in 2003 by Matt Mullenwegg|
|Downloads||15 Million||63 Million||140 Million|
|Installation||Drupal installation forum||Joomla installation forum||WordPress installation forum|
|Free Themes||2K +||1K +||4K +|
|Fee Plugins||34K +||7K +||45K +|
|Caching plug-ins||Pressflow is a downloadable version of Drupal that comes bundled with popular enhancements in key areas, including performance and scalability.||JotCache offers page caching in the Joomla 1.5 search framework, resulting in fast page downloads. It also provides control over what content is cached and what is not. In addition, page caching is supported by the System Cache Plugin that comes with Joomla.||The WP-SuperCache plug-in optimizes performance by generating static HTML files from database-driven content for faster load times.|
|Best use cases||Drupal is best for complex, advanced, and versatile sites; for sites that require complex data organization; for community platform sites with multiple users; and for online stores.||Joomla allows you to build a site with more content and structure flexibility than WordPress offers, but still with fairly easy, intuitive usage. It supports e-commerce, social networking, and more.||WordPress is ideal for fairly simple web sites, such as everyday blogging and news sites; and for anyone looking for an easy-to-manage site. Add-ons make it easy to expand the functionality of the site.|
On the basis of above description, we can say that WordPress the winner with its ease of use, huge global community, plugins and themes.